Cable Tension Meters
Introducing the Penn-Tech Cable Tension Meter: Your Precision Solution for Swift and Accurate Cable Tension Measurement.
Experience precision like never before with our state-of-the-art instrument, the Penn-Tech Cable Tension Meter. Designed to deliver spot-on cable tension measurements while effortlessly hanging on the cable line, thanks to its convenient hooks. What sets us apart? Our unique design ensures not just accuracy but also lightning-fast results, saving you valuable time. Say goodbye to the hassle of prolonged measurements and embrace the efficiency of the Penn-Tech Cable Tension Meter.
Penn-Tech Cable Tension Meters are:
- Safe. The Tension Meter eliminates the need to disturb the cable anchor points: it’s suspended on the cable with hooks. Tension is measured by reading deflection of the cable, eliminating chances of shock load to supporting hardware or structures.
- Accurate. The Tension Meter is calibrated specifically to the construction and diameter of the cable that it will measure.
- Easy to Use. One person can use the lightweight Tension Meter to quickly and easily measure cable tensions. It has no electronic components.
- Versatile. Penn-Tech can calibrate your Tension Meter for a number of cable constructions and diameters within the diameter capacity of the model. If your cable isn’t among the hundreds we stock, we can calibrate the Tension Meter to your 30-foot non-returnable sample.
- Cost-Efficient. The Tension Meter has a broad application range.
PTI CABLE GAUGE
We designed this tool to complement our Tension Meter and provide valuable information for guy cable tensioning.
- The PTI Cable Gauge is made of type 316 stainless steel that will not wear or distort like similar Aluminum types gauges have shown
- The Gauge measures 10” x 2” and is laser cut for precision, with lettering laser etched (not painted) so that lettering will not ware off
- Cable diameter cutouts are cut to fit over one-half of the cable that is being measured so that there is no question as to the cable size
- Measuring cable sizes 1/4” to 1” diameter and also includes 13/16” and 15/16” diameters
Our Cable Gauge answers the three most common questions we receive:
- How do I determine cable size?
- What are the PLP color definitions?
- What is the breaking strength of each cable size?
We have included the Dead-end Grip color chart for galvanized steel strand on one side with the cable diameters, and on the other side have included EHS galvanized steel strand minimum breaking strength chart for 3/16” to 5/8” 1X7 and 1/2” to 1” 1X19.