Open Position: Local Full-time Tower Technician
Penn-Tech International Careers
Local Full-Time Tower Technician
Penn-Tech is seeking a local full-time Tower Technician. On job training is provided.
We offer paid health insurance, life insurance, dental with employee contribution, holiday and vacation pay and 401K.
Performs general repair and maintenance on communications towers, requiring significant travel and the ability to climb to heights in excess of 200 feet, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, lighting repairs, general repair and maintenance on communication structures, erection and decommission of structures.
Must have the physical ability and the willingness to climb towers in excess of 200 feet
Development and maintenance of a positive company image, as follows:
- Providing superior customer service ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner;
- The completion of all required training within company provided time limits. Training includes, but is not limited to: OSHA 10 Hour, CPR/First Aid, Tower Climbing and Rescue Certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to operate a company vehicle
- Ability to climb heights
- Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, team player, results oriented
- 100% of work is performed externally, on-site, outdoors, with exposure to the elements of nature working under normal construction conditions.
- 75% travel is required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight.
We are in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those above.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid driver’s license with positive driving record (a valid Passport is a plus)
- Be able to travel within the Continental US and Overseas
- Possess basic computer skills on word & excel
How to apply:
Fill out the form found on this page and submit your resume. Alternatively, you may send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 484-395-0147. A physical application is also available upon request.